AANIR and its members produce a variety of publications, events, and teaching materials concerning immigrants and refugees. Find them archived here. Also included are links to additional resources at the bottom of the page which are not produced by AANIR or its members.
Resources Created by AANIR Members
- AANIR Statement: What can we learn from the rule changes on the Student and Exchange Visitor Program
- AAA Statement on DACA Legislation (Drafted by AANIR), October 10, 2017
AANIR Publications and Fact Sheets
- Reflections from the Field, Practicing Anthropology, Volume 41 Issue 2 (Spring 2018)
- Five Things You Should Know About the “Migrant Caravan”, American Anthropological Association Blog, November 5, 2018
- Immigrant Communities and the Public Charge Rule, Anthropology News, October 29, 2018
- Im/migration in the Trump Era, Cultural Anthropology, January 31, 2018
- Unaccompanied Migrant Children Fact Sheet (11/2017)
- Border Wall Fact Sheet (11/2017)
- Protecting Undocumented Students Post-Election, Anthropology News, December 2016
AANIR Events and Webinars
- Executive Roundtable: Anthropologists Adapting to Anti-Immigrant Climates: Resistance and Resilience on Campuses and in Communities. At the American Anthropological Association Meeting,
Saturday, November 17, 2018.
- Virtual Seminar: Im/migration in the Trump Era. May 02, 2018, hosted by the American Anthropological Association. View a recording on Youtube, Presentation Slides (PDF) and References/Suggested Reading.
- Executive Session: Engaged Anthropology with Undocumented and Immigrant Students in the Trump Era. At the American Anthropological Association Meeting. Friday, December 1, 2017.
- Protecting Immigrant and Undocumented Students Virtual Town Hall. March 15, 2017, hosted by the American Anthropological Association. Click here for an archive of the Town Hall.
Links to Other Resources (not produced by AANIR)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (http://www.aila.org)
- Educators for Fair Consideration (http://www.e4fc.org)
- United We Dream (https://unitedwedream.org/)
- Informed Immigrant (https://www.informedimmigrant.com/)
- NYU Sanctuary's Sanctuary Syllabus (bit.ly/2U0ZVvO)
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center (https://www.ilrc.org/)
- University Alliance for Refugees and At-Risk Migrants (https://www.uarrm.org/)
- CORE - Chicano Organizing and Research in Education (http://www.ca-core.org/home)
- #IAmNotAfraid Curriculum (bit.ly/2Z83FQ6)
- International Migration, Integration and Social Cohesion (https://www.imiscoe.org/)
- Undocumented Student Resource Centers (https://undocuresourcecenters.com/)
- The Living Undocumented Series (http://livingundocumented.com/)
- NYU Sanctuary (http://www.nyusanctuary.org/)
- The Immigrant Learning Center (https://www.ilctr.org/)
- Protect Dreamers Higher Education Coalition (bit.ly/2Db7fQ8)
- KHMER Anti-Deportation Advocacy Group (https://www.khaagwa.org/)
- Kids In Need of Defense (https://supportkind.org/about/)